Join the fastest growing national specialist insulation and dry lining distributor in the UK!
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated Warehouse Supervisor to join our team. Working closely with the Branch Operations Manager (BOM), Warehouse Assistants and Drivers to maximise productivity and efficiency within the warehouse and transport operations. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of the warehouse and transport to ensure high levels of customer service are maintained.
So are you up for handling the ultimate, frontline responsibility for a business and its goals? Could you help sustain a world class reputation?Then apply today!
What will I be doing in the role?
- Support, assist and develop Health & Safety culture within the branch to ensure both staff and customers remain accident free and ensure all parties actively endorse a safe working environment.
- Ensure individual and team members comply with the SGBD Principles of Conduct.
- Responsible for the day to day management and planning of warehouse and transport operations, taking responsibility for problem solving and managing arising situations.
- Work with the BOM to identify and action individual and team training needs.
- Manage stock control and inventory process, to include rolling stock counts (PPI), purchasing from agreed suppliers, scheduling deliveries from suppliers.
- Implementation of effective working practices to increase productivity whilst also improving and maintaining standards of customer service.
- Ensure full compliance with all road traffic legislation.
- Achievement of Operations KPI as agreed.
- Support the delivery of all Company customer service initiatives.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and are close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in a Warehouse Supervisor?
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- IT literate
- Ability to work within a team and use own initiative
- Previous team supervision experience essential
- Product and industry knowledge
- Previous warehouse experience and knowledge of road transport legislation essential
- Commitment to promoting a safe working environment and culture
What do I need to do now?
All internal applicants are advised to inform their line managers and apply through the internal recruitment site.