Join the fastest growing national specialist insulation and dry lining distributor in the UK!
As a Northern Regional Logistics Manager with Minster, you will assist the Regional Operations Director to implement the components required to deliver Minster’s Regional plan. You will take responsibility for the successful and timely deliveries from the branch network to customers across the specified region, whilst improving working relationships between branches and compiling strategic plans that will improve vehicle efficiency and activity.
So are you up for handling the ultimate, frontline responsibility for a business and its goals? Could you help sustain a reputation? Then apply today!
What will I be doing in the role?
As a Regional Logistics Manager you will:
- Compile strategic plans for the branches your region
- Support branches with the implementation/transition to the K8 delivery management system
- Establish and improve working relationships between branches
- Improve vehicle efficiency and activity
- Provide assistance to branches regarding health and safety, management of downloads and vehicle defects
- Manage driver’s holidays/absence including agency hire and vehicle and Moffatt maintenance
- Improve IBT process within region and create sales proactivity in branch
- Coordinate drivers CPC
- Be a catalyst for sharing best practice and creating standards within the region
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
To be suitable for the Regional Logistics Manager role you will have:
- A comprehensive knowledge and experience gained within an operational environment with a strong emphasis on customer service
- An understanding and working knowledge of commercial transport and driver legislation; Health & Safety legislation, Risk Awareness, People Management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to identify and build strong working relationships at all levels
- Proficient IT skills
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle applications
- Experience of developing and implementing solutions to customers facing challenges
- Experience of analysing and understanding KPI’s
- A full and valid driver’s license owing to the occasional travel in the role
- CPC – Transport Managers Certification
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Minster; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A great open working environment.
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday including the statutory bank holidays (Increasing to 33 with service).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax’ pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com