Join the fastest growing national specialist insulation and dry lining distributor in the UK!
The role of South West Regional Inventory Manager with Minster is a key supply chain management role where you will monitor, control and evaluate stock levels, slow/obsolete stock, implementation of PPI and ASPOG, in compliance with Company policies and procedures across the branches within the region. You and your team will also manage stock activity across the region, and play a role in the implementation of national supply chain initiatives.
Are you up for handling the ultimate, frontline responsibility for a business and its goals? Could you help sustain a reputation? Then apply today!
What will I be doing in the role?
As a Regional Inventory Manager you will:
- Monitor stock at branch level within designated areas and continually aim to reduce stock and non-trading stock.
- Work cohesively with the Regional Transport Manager to ensure a more fluid approach to stock movement between branches and order transfer; improving supply chain management.
- Ensure allocations are dealt with quickly and correctly working with the commercial team.
- Implement, review and precision manage the PPI and ASPOG systems at all branches and ensure consistent use of the system across the region.
- Liaise with the product management department and suppliers to improve stock management.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the wider branch network.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
To be suitable for the Regional Inventory Manager role you will have:
- Previous inventory management experience and track record of achievement in a similar capacity.
- Experience working in wide geographical and functional areas.
- System skills in Kerridge and Microsoft through training will be provided.
- Knowledge of builders merchant business model.
- Ability to handle numerical data – to build loads to certain value/volume/stock coverage constraints.
- Commercial awareness – in terms of understanding the impact of their decisions when either ordering stock or managing stock reduction programmes.
- Be able to build strong relationships with all stakeholders of the business.
- A full and valid driver’s license owing to occasional travel in the role.
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Minster; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A great open working environment.
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday including the statutory bank holidays (Increasing to 33 with service).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax’ pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.